In support of women for mother’s day and Naturopathic medicine week, Nanaimo Doctors are hosting two evenings of lectures, expert Q&A panels, prizes, snacks and special offers.
British Columbia Naturopathic Medicine Week – Nanaimo BC
We have a grocery store providing snacks, health food stores and professional distributors lined up to donate products, and also a goodie bag full of treats and special offer coupons for those involved.
1) Dr. Tonia Winchester – Finding Your Fertility. Discover 3 common causes that prevent couples from getting pregnant and learn simple strategies you can use to increase your chances of giving birth to a healthy, happy baby.
2) Kim Mosiuk – Yoga & Ayurveda
3) Dr. Karen Fraser – Cardiometabolic Risks In Women. A discussion on our perception of these risks and the prevention of Type 2 diabetes, hypertension, and high cholesterol.
4) Dr. Clare Craig – Naturopathic Treatments to Heal the Gut – Find out how the gut works, what makes it vulnerable, and what you can do to support healthier digestion and absorption.
Thursday May 15
1) Dr. John Yim – Mastering Your Moods. Depression, anxiety, irritability, and mood swings can have a huge, negative impact on the quality of your life. Dr. Yim will share simple nutritional tips to help you in mastering your moods
2) Dr. Carmen Luterbach – Menopause – the Second Spring. Menopause is the second spring; an awakening of new potential. Celebrate a
time of independence, passion and self expression. Explore new ideas to support this important life transition.
3) Amr Farghali – Natural hormones. Discover the difference between “Natural” and “Bio-Identical” and the role of your Pharmacist in helping you make your decision.
4) “Ask a Naturopath” – panel discussion with Naturopathic Physicians on common topics and questions that are frequently asked in their practices
Time: 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Location: North Town Centre Mall, 195-4750 Rutherford Road, Nanaimo, BC (Formerly Rutherford Mall).
Please enter through the doors by London Drugs and the Scotia Bank