Come join your fellow professionals for a movie night to celebrate Naturopathic Medicine Week at Oliver Woods Community Centre in Nanaimo on May 12th for a screening of the film THE WIDOWMAKER. #NatMedWeek
Location: Oliver Woods Community Centre, 6000 Oliver Rd, Nanaimo BC
For more information, visit the Facebook Event.
*Note the poster below lists the date incorrectly as May 14 – this movie night is no Thursday May 12.
More than 700,000 Americans die of heart disease each year from a completely preventable disease. THE WIDOWMAKER features cardiologists, heart attack survivors and lawmakers. It reveals that a hidden battle fought inside America’s medical establishment has pitted prevention against intervention. This film will change the way you think about heart disease and it just might save your life.
BC Naturopathic Medicine Week 2014
This year’s Naturopathic Medicine Week was May 12-18. Naturopathic Doctors and clinics held special events across British Columbia, including an open house at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine in New Westminster, a Health Fair and Speaker Series in Nanaimo, and free seminars and consultations in Vancouver and Abbotsford.
GMO OMG Movie Screenings
This year the BCNA featured 3 screenings of the movie GMO OMG in Richmond, Victoria and Kelowna, with proceeds going to the Family Naturopathic Clinic – a naturopathic teaching clinic providing free care to young low income families.
BCNA Hosts a Government Lunch in Victoria
As part of Naturopathic Medicine Week 2014, BCNA hosted a government lunch in Victoria. Pictured standing, left to right, MLA Richard Lee, MLA Jackie Tegart, MLA Linda Reimer, Dr. Kulwinder Sraw, MLA Simon Gibson, Dr. Deborah Phair, MLA Doug Bing, MLA Jane Thornthwaite. Seated, MLA Linda Larson, MLA Mike Morris receiving a heart rate variability test, and MLA Michelle Stillwell.
Offical Recognition in Kelowna
The mayor of Kelowna officially recognized naturopathic medicine week this year:
Naturopathic Medicine in the House of Commons
“I ask everyone here to recognize Naturopathic Medicine Week.” -Colin Carrie at the House of Commons.
Another successful year, and we are looking forward to Naturopathic Medicine Week in 2015!
Today is the first day of Naturopathic Medicine Week across Canada.
Check out this official recognition from the mayor of Kelowna, BC:
Naturopathic Medicine Weeks across Canada: cand.ca
Special Movie Screenings of GMO OMG in select cities in British Columbia: bcna.ca
Other events across the province, including free doctor visits, talks, and more: click here
In support of women for mother’s day and Naturopathic medicine week, Nanaimo Doctors are hosting two evenings of lectures, expert Q&A panels, prizes, snacks and special offers.
British Columbia Naturopathic Medicine Week – Nanaimo BC
We have a grocery store providing snacks, health food stores and professional distributors lined up to donate products, and also a goodie bag full of treats and special offer coupons for those involved.
1) Dr. Tonia Winchester – Finding Your Fertility. Discover 3 common causes that prevent couples from getting pregnant and learn simple strategies you can use to increase your chances of giving birth to a healthy, happy baby.
2) Kim Mosiuk – Yoga & Ayurveda
3) Dr. Karen Fraser – Cardiometabolic Risks In Women. A discussion on our perception of these risks and the prevention of Type 2 diabetes, hypertension, and high cholesterol.
4) Dr. Clare Craig – Naturopathic Treatments to Heal the Gut – Find out how the gut works, what makes it vulnerable, and what you can do to support healthier digestion and absorption.
Thursday May 15
1) Dr. John Yim – Mastering Your Moods. Depression, anxiety, irritability, and mood swings can have a huge, negative impact on the quality of your life. Dr. Yim will share simple nutritional tips to help you in mastering your moods
2) Dr. Carmen Luterbach – Menopause – the Second Spring. Menopause is the second spring; an awakening of new potential. Celebrate a
time of independence, passion and self expression. Explore new ideas to support this important life transition.
3) Amr Farghali – Natural hormones. Discover the difference between “Natural” and “Bio-Identical” and the role of your Pharmacist in helping you make your decision.
4) “Ask a Naturopath” – panel discussion with Naturopathic Physicians on common topics and questions that are frequently asked in their practices
Time: 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Location: North Town Centre Mall, 195-4750 Rutherford Road, Nanaimo, BC (Formerly Rutherford Mall).
Please enter through the doors by London Drugs and the Scotia Bank
Open House, Free Doctor Visits and Blood Type Testing
Come celebrate naturopathic medicine week with Dr. Luterbach, at the Reed Family Wellness Centre on May 8, 2012 for brief complimentary appointments with our naturopathic doctor Dr. Luterbach (15 minutes), as well as blood type testing for those interested.
Have you ever considered consulting with a naturopathic physician? Have you ever wondered what naturopathic medicine is about and how it can help you optimize your health? Now is your chance to bring your questions and meet your local naturopath!
Open House 10:00am – 1:00pm
No registration necessary, we will be giving away gifts, providing snacks and having a naturopathic bash!
Call ahead to make your appointment, these complimentary consults are booking up fast: 250-729-7411.
Reed Family Wellness Centre
3-2145 Bowen Road
A Special Event At Oliver Woods Community Center
Learn more about naturopathic medicine and how it can benefit your health and well being at a free special event at Oliver Woods Community Center on May 9, 2012. There will be door prizes, snacks, beverages, and these special guest speakers:
Dr. Clare-Craig: Food As Medicine – Naturopathic Nutrition
Dr. Tonia Winchester: Building Immunity
Dr. Carmen Luterbach: Getting a Good Night Sleep, Naturally
Dr. Stacey Neilson: Stress – Its Impact on Adrenals
Dr. John Yim: Healthy Digestion – The Cornerstone of Good Health
There will also be a question period and an opportunity to speak with each of the doctors.
Snacks and beverages provided by Island Natural Markets.
Primary Care Providers Caring For Your Health, Naturally!
Time: 6:30 – 9:00pm
Everyone is welcome but preregistration is required: 250-755-1930
Oliver Woods Community Center
600 Oliver Road
See all events details, including maps when you use the event calendar at the top right of this web page.
- Simple Health Tips for Men During “Movember” (or every month of the year!) Dr. Ingrid Pincott, NDNovember 15, 2018 - 4:42 pm
- Vitamin N: Have You Had Yours Today?September 11, 2018 - 9:09 am
- Technology is Driving us to DistractionSeptember 7, 2018 - 10:16 am
- It’s Summer Time! Why Am I Sick?July 31, 2018 - 9:24 am
BC Naturopathic Association
2238 Pine Street
Vancouver, BC, V6J 5G4
Phone Toll-Free 1-800-277-1128