Vancouver, BC V6Z 1G3 604-806-0025
As a member of the Canadian Alpine Ski Team for seven years, Dr. Oughtred was inspired to combine the best therapies of the various health professionals that he worked with, including physical therapists, doctors, nutritionists, and trainers. He combines his 10 years of experience as a personal trainer with his professional education as a Naturopathic Physician to help you reach your highest levels of health and athletic performance.
Dr. Oughtred has a general medical practice, emphasizing health promotion, disease prevention, and orthopaedic sports medicine. He embraces the principles of Naturopathic Medicine by addressing the root causes of illness, preventing illness, educating his patients, and respecting the body’s innate ability to heal itself.
With an ever increasing amount of health information and treatments currently available to patients, Dr. Oughtred helps you see through the ‘clutter’ in order to create an holistic and sustainable plan for good health.
Typically, new patients will undergo an assessment involving a review of your current health, medical history, review of body systems, and relevant physical exam. If required, second visits can be reserved for functional body assessments, lifestyle and dietary assessment, physical fitness assessment or lab work. Typically, treatments are initiated on the second or third visits, once all relevant information has been gathered. Treatments might include:
· General Medical Advice
· Nutrition – dietary management and specific supplementation (with or without lab diagnostics)
· Physical Medicine – exercise, joint mobilization or manipulation, massage and other soft tissue therapies, cryotherapy, hydrotherapy.
· Botanical Medicine (teas, tinctures, decoctions)
· Chinese Medicine – acupuncture and herbs
· Injection Therapies – Musculoskeletal and IV
· Topical Remedies – oils, creams, poultices, etc.
· Inhalation Therapies – nebulizers, essential oils, etc.
· Desensitization Therapies (for allergies or sensitivities)
· Counselling or Lifestyle Guidance
· Mind Body Therapies
To learn more about Dr Oughtred, you can visit his website at: www.RyanOughtred.com