Quathiaski Cove, BC V0P 1N0 250-504-0090
Campbell River, BC V9W 2C2 250-504-0090
Certifications: Acupuncture, Chelation, Advanced Injection Therapies / IVs, Prescriptive Authority
Since very early in life, Dr. Komonski knew that she needed to provide a system of healthcare that honors an individual’s uniqueness, commits to integrity and honesty, and addresses the underlying cause of disease – not just places a band-aid on the symptoms. It was clear that naturopathic medicine was the way to provide this.
Prior to medical school, Dr. Komonski completed a Bachelor of Science degree from UBC. In a customized program of psychoneuroimmunology, she studied the complex interplay between the mind/brain, the immune system and hormones in the creation of health and disease. This laid a solid foundation for her medical training at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in Toronto, where she developed a deep understanding of the lifestyle, hormonal, dietary, behavioural and psychological changes that need to take place for the achievement of optimal heath and the reversal of disease processes.
Combining a personal passion and building on her philosophy that the best physician is a guide and mentor, Dr. Komonski also became a certified personal trainer while in medical school. She firmly believes in motivating and empowering individuals to take on the challenges inherent in striving for optimal wellness.
In practice, she strives to combine compassionate patient care with the best of scientific inquiry, medical science and traditional therapies. In addition to performing acupuncture and intravenous nutrient therapy; and prescribing medications, botanical medicines, nutritional supplements, homeopathy, and hydrotherapy, Dr. Komonski teaches individuals how to become ambassadors of their own health through dietary and lifestyle change.
Dr. Komonski is also a clinical hypnotherapist and has also completed additional training in botanical medicine, bio-identical hormone therapy, integrative oncology, intravenous and chelation therapy. She also served as clinical faculty at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine for several years, where she supervised 3rd and 4th year interns on their clinical rounds.
She treats adults and children with a full range of health concerns including but not limited to:
- Digestive Concerns – Food allergies & sensitivities, ulcerative colitis, crohn’s, IBS, ulcers, GERD, constipation, diarrhea, indigestion, candida.
- Hormonal imbalances – Menopause, PMS, infertility, endometriosis, PCOS, menstrual pain, irregular periods, cysts, vaginitis, fibroids, fibrocystic breasts, diminished libido, insomnia, various mood disorders, headaches.
- Immune system concerns – Cancer, autoimmune conditions (MS, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, celiac disease, etc.), allergies, asthma, eczema, HIV, colds & flus, hepatitis, chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Metabolic concerns – Hypothyroid, hyperthyroid, Wilson’s temperature syndrome, diabetes, weight management, adrenal fatigue, hypoglycemia.
- Cardiovascular concerns – Hypertension, high cholesterol, heart disease, stroke, peripheral vascular disease.
- Musculoskeletal Concerns – Sports injuries, tendonitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, fibromyalgia, osteoporosis, arthritis.