Doctor Raj Jheeta will be hosting a Senior’s Health Fair at the Pacific Gateway Hotel in Richmond .
Location: 3500 Cessna Drive, Richmond, BC
Join him on May the 8th from 10m am to 2pm to learn more about naturopathic medicine.
He will also be promoting his new book called the The Doctor of the Future Is Here.
Call 604- 278-1241 ext 6676 for more information.
Doctor Jheeta ND
Visit www.drjheeta.com for more info.
The British Columbia Naturopathic Association is hosting two screenings of Merchants of Doubt: In Victoria on May 13 and Vancouver on May 14. Doors open at 6:30pm. Movie at 7:00pm
Our movie nights have sold out in the past, so get your tickets now:
Merchants of Doubt – May 13, 2105 Victoria BC
Merchants of Doubt – May 14, 2015 Vancouver BC
Last year during Naturopathic Medicine Week, BCNA screened GMO OMG. It was a documentary which considered what goes into food, what ingredients are modified, and the lack of transparency behind major corporations such as Monsanto.
Merchants of Doubt
This year, BCNA is screening Merchants of Doubt, a movie which considers the so-called experts who weigh in on studies, research and advances in science, but who are more often than not paid by corporations for their opinion.
This week, it has come to light that Monsanto has a whole department dedicated to nothing else except shooting down the scientists that discredit Monsanto product.
Merchants of Doubt exposes this trend towards news as corporate propaganda, and how it has an impact on our health and well-being.
Special screenings in Victoria and Vancouver during Naturopathic Medicine Week include special guest Alan Cassels. Cassels is a health researcher at University of Victoria, an expert on the corporate interests which drive health headlines and, often, medical care. He reports in his book Seeking Sickness that pharmaceutical companies sometimes put simple tests online with the goal of encouraging people to see their doctor to receive more tests. The ultimate objective is to sell more prescription drugs.
Buy Tickets Now
Please join us this May in Victoria, or Vancouver, for Merchants of Doubt.
Tickets are only $10. Proceeds to benefit the Family Naturopathic Clinic in Victoria.
BC Naturopathic Medicine Week 2014
This year’s Naturopathic Medicine Week was May 12-18. Naturopathic Doctors and clinics held special events across British Columbia, including an open house at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine in New Westminster, a Health Fair and Speaker Series in Nanaimo, and free seminars and consultations in Vancouver and Abbotsford.
GMO OMG Movie Screenings
This year the BCNA featured 3 screenings of the movie GMO OMG in Richmond, Victoria and Kelowna, with proceeds going to the Family Naturopathic Clinic – a naturopathic teaching clinic providing free care to young low income families.
BCNA Hosts a Government Lunch in Victoria
As part of Naturopathic Medicine Week 2014, BCNA hosted a government lunch in Victoria. Pictured standing, left to right, MLA Richard Lee, MLA Jackie Tegart, MLA Linda Reimer, Dr. Kulwinder Sraw, MLA Simon Gibson, Dr. Deborah Phair, MLA Doug Bing, MLA Jane Thornthwaite. Seated, MLA Linda Larson, MLA Mike Morris receiving a heart rate variability test, and MLA Michelle Stillwell.
Offical Recognition in Kelowna
The mayor of Kelowna officially recognized naturopathic medicine week this year:
Naturopathic Medicine in the House of Commons
“I ask everyone here to recognize Naturopathic Medicine Week.” -Colin Carrie at the House of Commons.
Another successful year, and we are looking forward to Naturopathic Medicine Week in 2015!
Today is the first day of Naturopathic Medicine Week across Canada.
Check out this official recognition from the mayor of Kelowna, BC:
Naturopathic Medicine Weeks across Canada: cand.ca
Special Movie Screenings of GMO OMG in select cities in British Columbia: bcna.ca
Other events across the province, including free doctor visits, talks, and more: click here
Doctor’s Choice Nutrition answers the question…
Naturopathic Medicine: What exactly is it?
Dr. Martha Reid of Doctor’s Choice nutrition will host a free public seminar on Wednesday, May 14th, from 6-7 pm, titled: Naturopathic Medicine: What exactly is it?
When: Wednesday, May 14th, from 6-7 pm
Where: 1190 Thurlow Street, Vancouver. V6E 1X3
Register: 604-688-1169 – interested participants should call the clinic to register ahead of time. Of course, the event is free, but space is limited.
1190 Thurlow Street Vancouver BC
Dr. Martha Reid holds free events at her clinic in Vancouver’s West End the last Wednesday of every month.
Vitalia Health Care Inc. offers…
Free Services During Naturopathic Medicine Week
Vitalia Health Care Inc. is offering the following services FREE for Naturopathic Medicine Week! Call us at 604-566-9355 to book your appointment or visit us at www.vitaliahealthcare.ca.
- Our BIO-IMPEDENCE ANALYSIS ($40 Value) shows your measurement of body fat in relation to lean body mass……… an integral part of your 15 minutes health / nutrition assessment!
You will also learn:
- How toxic your body is
- If you are drinking enough water
- How many calories you are burning in a day
- Your real age vs. your chronological age
- If you are burning fat or muscle
- How healthy your cells are
- Find out information about your heart’s health! The Acoustic Cardiograph ($65 Value) is a 15 minute, non-invasive test that analyzes sound waves in your heart and can suggest to the doctor:
- Whether your muscle function is optimal
- If your body’s chemistry is balanced
- If there are possible nutritional imbalances or deficiencies in your body
Vitalia Health Care Inc.
The Regent Medical Building Suite 460
2184 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V6K 2E1
Dr Christina Coloma, ND is hosting free talks at Abby Naturopath Clinic on May 13, 14, 16 and 17 for Naturopathic Medicine Week.
In support of women for mother’s day and Naturopathic medicine week, Nanaimo Doctors are hosting two evenings of lectures, expert Q&A panels, prizes, snacks and special offers.
British Columbia Naturopathic Medicine Week – Nanaimo BC
We have a grocery store providing snacks, health food stores and professional distributors lined up to donate products, and also a goodie bag full of treats and special offer coupons for those involved.
1) Dr. Tonia Winchester – Finding Your Fertility. Discover 3 common causes that prevent couples from getting pregnant and learn simple strategies you can use to increase your chances of giving birth to a healthy, happy baby.
2) Kim Mosiuk – Yoga & Ayurveda
3) Dr. Karen Fraser – Cardiometabolic Risks In Women. A discussion on our perception of these risks and the prevention of Type 2 diabetes, hypertension, and high cholesterol.
4) Dr. Clare Craig – Naturopathic Treatments to Heal the Gut – Find out how the gut works, what makes it vulnerable, and what you can do to support healthier digestion and absorption.
Thursday May 15
1) Dr. John Yim – Mastering Your Moods. Depression, anxiety, irritability, and mood swings can have a huge, negative impact on the quality of your life. Dr. Yim will share simple nutritional tips to help you in mastering your moods
2) Dr. Carmen Luterbach – Menopause – the Second Spring. Menopause is the second spring; an awakening of new potential. Celebrate a
time of independence, passion and self expression. Explore new ideas to support this important life transition.
3) Amr Farghali – Natural hormones. Discover the difference between “Natural” and “Bio-Identical” and the role of your Pharmacist in helping you make your decision.
4) “Ask a Naturopath” – panel discussion with Naturopathic Physicians on common topics and questions that are frequently asked in their practices
Time: 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Location: North Town Centre Mall, 195-4750 Rutherford Road, Nanaimo, BC (Formerly Rutherford Mall).
Please enter through the doors by London Drugs and the Scotia Bank
BC Naturopathic Association
2238 Pine Street
Vancouver, BC, V6J 5G4
Phone Toll-Free 1-800-277-1128