Meet Sinclair Centre’s Only Naturopathic Doctors at the Atrium between 11- 1pm
Dr. Aaron VanGaver and Dr. Giselle Lefebvre ND
Round table discussion from 11:30 – 12:30 pm
Q&A to follow
All Week Long: Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday and Friday
- MONDAY: How to pick up the pep to quick start the week learn more about your stress hormones, how to test and treat
- TUESDAY: Food and Mood learn more about the brain gut connection
- WEDNESDAY: Quit those habits learn more about smoking cessation, weight loss support
- THURSDAY: Allergies learn more about how to deal your allergies
- FRIDAY: Learn about how IV vitamins can help you Come ask us about your health concerns.
- Do you direct bill for extended health insurance plans? Yes, we have started to use Telus eclaims billing system, which allows us to bill directly for most extended health plans. You only pay your copay, let your insurance pay directly for the rest.
- I sometimes have to go to a walk in clinic to get testing or to get a prescription, is this something you can do? In fact, we have had a number of our patients that do not have a family doctor, use us for their acute care questions. For example, why wait in a waiting room to see someone for a sore throat, or a nagging cough when you could book in and be seen “on time”. Naturopathic doctors were granted prescription privileges 6 years ago and we have been able to help our patients get the medicines they need more efficiently in some cases.
- I’m not sure if I need to see a naturopathic doctor, how will I know if I need to see you? This is a great question, I would say everyone could use a naturopathic doctor in their “health team”. There is no replacement for your MD, if you have one, but seeking care from a naturopathic doctor will provide you with some other benefits such as the length of time we spend with you in our visits. If you are unsure if seeing a naturopathic doctor is right for you, please book in for one of our complimentary “meet and greets.”
Both Dr. Lefebvre and myself (Dr. Van Gaver) have a few blocks off each week reserved for individuals looking to see if naturopathic medicine may be a good fit, please contact us through our website to set up an appointment.
Dr. Aaron VanGaver and Dr. Giselle Lefebvre ND
Contact the doctors at 604-629-1120.
Giselle Lefebvre, is a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, a trained Doula, Healthy Breast Educator and a passionate advocate of enjoying what you got.
Aaron Van Gaver will coach you to maximum wellness and a healthy lifestyle that includes optimum balancing of hormonal health for both women and men.For further information about the services Dr Van Gaver offers, please check out www.draaronvangaver.com
Curious to see what all the buzz is about? Bring your questions and your friends and drop by our Clinic Open House on Saturday, May 16th from 1-4pm. We look forward to meeting you!
Clinic Open House
with Dr. Martha Reid, ND
Saturday, May 16th, 1-4 pm
(no registration required)
Doctors’ Choice Nutrition Naturopathic Clinic is a naturopathic family medical practice owned and operated by Dr. Martha Reid, ND. Housed in a gorgeous heritage building in the heart of Vancouver’s vibrant West End, the clinic is the perfect place to unwind and seek naturopathic care.
Dr. Reid is extensively trained in clinical and laboratory diagnoses, physical medicine, clinical nutrition, botanical medicine, homeopathy, traditional Chinese medicine and lifestyle counselling. This comprehensive training enables her to effectively treat the full spectrum of medical conditions from acute to chronic ailments (see below for a list of commonly treated conditions).
1190 Thurlow Street, Vancouver, BC (down the street from St. Paul’s Hospital)
BC Naturopathic Medicine Week 2014
This year’s Naturopathic Medicine Week was May 12-18. Naturopathic Doctors and clinics held special events across British Columbia, including an open house at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine in New Westminster, a Health Fair and Speaker Series in Nanaimo, and free seminars and consultations in Vancouver and Abbotsford.
GMO OMG Movie Screenings
This year the BCNA featured 3 screenings of the movie GMO OMG in Richmond, Victoria and Kelowna, with proceeds going to the Family Naturopathic Clinic – a naturopathic teaching clinic providing free care to young low income families.
BCNA Hosts a Government Lunch in Victoria
As part of Naturopathic Medicine Week 2014, BCNA hosted a government lunch in Victoria. Pictured standing, left to right, MLA Richard Lee, MLA Jackie Tegart, MLA Linda Reimer, Dr. Kulwinder Sraw, MLA Simon Gibson, Dr. Deborah Phair, MLA Doug Bing, MLA Jane Thornthwaite. Seated, MLA Linda Larson, MLA Mike Morris receiving a heart rate variability test, and MLA Michelle Stillwell.
Offical Recognition in Kelowna
The mayor of Kelowna officially recognized naturopathic medicine week this year:
Naturopathic Medicine in the House of Commons
“I ask everyone here to recognize Naturopathic Medicine Week.” -Colin Carrie at the House of Commons.
Another successful year, and we are looking forward to Naturopathic Medicine Week in 2015!
Today is the first day of Naturopathic Medicine Week across Canada.
Check out this official recognition from the mayor of Kelowna, BC:
Naturopathic Medicine Weeks across Canada: cand.ca
Special Movie Screenings of GMO OMG in select cities in British Columbia: bcna.ca
Other events across the province, including free doctor visits, talks, and more: click here
Let’s Talk About Lyme
Join Dr. Jasmine Wong of the Vancouver Island Naturopathic Clinic Inc. at this event, which will include children’s activities, displays, videos, and a chance to talk to naturopathic physicians as well as other health practitioners.
When: Saturday May 10 Noon – 3:00pm
Doctor’s Choice Nutrition answers the question…
Naturopathic Medicine: What exactly is it?
Dr. Martha Reid of Doctor’s Choice nutrition will host a free public seminar on Wednesday, May 14th, from 6-7 pm, titled: Naturopathic Medicine: What exactly is it?
When: Wednesday, May 14th, from 6-7 pm
Where: 1190 Thurlow Street, Vancouver. V6E 1X3
Register: 604-688-1169 – interested participants should call the clinic to register ahead of time. Of course, the event is free, but space is limited.
1190 Thurlow Street Vancouver BC
Dr. Martha Reid holds free events at her clinic in Vancouver’s West End the last Wednesday of every month.
Vitalia Health Care Inc. offers…
Free Services During Naturopathic Medicine Week
Vitalia Health Care Inc. is offering the following services FREE for Naturopathic Medicine Week! Call us at 604-566-9355 to book your appointment or visit us at www.vitaliahealthcare.ca.
- Our BIO-IMPEDENCE ANALYSIS ($40 Value) shows your measurement of body fat in relation to lean body mass……… an integral part of your 15 minutes health / nutrition assessment!
You will also learn:
- How toxic your body is
- If you are drinking enough water
- How many calories you are burning in a day
- Your real age vs. your chronological age
- If you are burning fat or muscle
- How healthy your cells are
- Find out information about your heart’s health! The Acoustic Cardiograph ($65 Value) is a 15 minute, non-invasive test that analyzes sound waves in your heart and can suggest to the doctor:
- Whether your muscle function is optimal
- If your body’s chemistry is balanced
- If there are possible nutritional imbalances or deficiencies in your body
Vitalia Health Care Inc.
The Regent Medical Building Suite 460
2184 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V6K 2E1
BC Naturopathic Association
2238 Pine Street
Vancouver, BC, V6J 5G4
Phone Toll-Free 1-800-277-1128