Burnaby, BC V3N 1B8 604-684-6565
Certifications: Acupuncture, Chelation, Prolotherapy, Advanced Injection Therapies / IVs, Ozone Therapy, Prescriptive Authority
Dr. Hanson is a graduate of the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine and a board certified naturopathic doctor with prescriptive authority. Dr. Hanson is a primary care physician with a focus in sports medicine, chronic pain management, autoimmunity, chronic illness, hormone health, and digestive health.
Using an evidence based approach, research and in depth testing are paired to guide a comprehensive treatment plan. Her customized method uses natural interventions such as supplements, physical medicine, lifestyle modifications and clinical nutrition alongside western medical therapeutics for an individually tailored treatment.
Her approach works in partnership with each patient, to uncover the intricate network of factors contributing to health. Dr. Hanson understands that each individual’s perspective of health is unique, so ultimately she is committed to optimizing wellness where body and mind are in balance with each patient’s values and their environment.
After completing an Honours Bachelor of Science degree in Human Biology, Dr. Hanson went on to complete her medical training at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine where she received the prestigious BINM award for Academic Excellence.
In addition, she supplemented her scientific study with a strong commitment to athletics, philanthropy, and leadership endeavours. Dr. Hanson was an active member of the community during her time at Boucher, serving as a teaching assistant, Vice president of the student's association, founder of the LINC Mentorship Initiative, and practiced externships at Vancouver’s Friends for Life society and Positive Living BC, as well as with Natural Doctors International in Omatepe, Nicaragua.
Additional Certifications and Areas of Focus:
- IV Micronutrient Therapy
- Pharmaceutical Prescription License
- SLIT Therapy for allergy management and treatment
- Sports Medicine, Chronic Pain Management and Longevity: Naturopathic manipulation, IMS, acupuncture, massage therapy, applied kinesiology / TBM, trigger point injections, IASTM, elite performance and injury rehabilitation, post-concussion rehabilitation, therapeutic diets
- Hormone Health and Bio-Identical Hormones: Weight management and blood sugar regulation, thyroid disorders, women’s health (including PMS, cycle regulation, peri-menopause, menopause, infertility and fertility planning, PCOS, dysmenorrhea), fatigue and adrenal insufficiency, testosterone regulation
- Digestive Health and Nutrition: IBS, inflammatory bowel disease, bloating, gas, food sensitivities, acid reflux, SIBO, diarrhea, constipation, infection, therapeutic diet planning
- Autoimmune Conditions: RA, Chrons, Ulcerative Colitis, Lupus, Sjorgen’s, Hashimoto’s, Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Cardiovascular Health: Cardiovascular disease, hypertension, atherosclerosis, hypercholesterolemia, screening and risk management in cases of family history
- Brain Health: Anxiety, depression, Bi-polar disorder, Alzheimer’s, age related dementia, post-concussion rehabilitation